Business Event Grants
- Financing a Business
The Business Event Grants is a program that was established by the Australian Government and funded with an allocated budget of $50 million. It aims to provide support to sectors, regions and communities drastically affected by the economic setback due to the pandemic.
From 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021, the Business Event Grants program aims to fund the sustainability of events in the event industry due to a number of events being cancelled resulting in a significant loss of revenue. The program will support Australian businesses through granting between $10,000 and $250,000.
Funding these events will allow the event industry to participate in events including exhibitions, conference and conventions that will assist the boost of revenue as it promotes Australian businesses internationally and locally.
ELIGIBILITY UNDER THE BUSINESS EVENT GRANTS
To be eligible you must satisfy the following
- Registered on Australian Business Register (ABN) and one of the following entities
- A partnership
- An individual (sole trader)
- Have a company in Australia
- An incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- An industry Association promoting the selling or buying of a product or service on behalf of its members
A list of eligibility criteria and the applications process is as follows:
APPLICATION OF ELIGIBILITY FOR EVENTS
An application is considered if you:
- Intend to attend one or more of the scheduled approved events
- The reason for your attendance is to assist your business to do more of the following:
- Expand your marketplace diversification
- Improve supply chain value and resilience for the Australian economy
- Enhance your ability to explore markets internationally and locally
- Assist Australia’s regional economy
- Your business aligns with a government priority sector and the sector benefit from your attendance and participation in the event
- A minimum of $20,000 for total project expenditure
- Proof to be submitted to the board that the project is supported and that you can accomplish the project with only a minimum cost and not funded by grant funding.
An initial schedule for the approved business events has now been released.
To apply for this program, you must read the guidelines and sample before applying.