Was your WA small business affected by the last state lockdown?
- Business News
You could be eligible for a Lockdown Assistance grant.
The WA government has announced another round of financial grants for small businesses directly affected by the circuit breaker four-day lockdown (and associated lockdown conditions) spanning from 29th June through to early July 2021.
The grant offers a $3000 cash injection to eligible small businesses directly impacted from this snap lockdown who are located across Perth and Peel, as well as certain industries across regional WA.
To be eligible for this grant, small businesses are required to meet the following criteria (as from the start of the lockdown, 29th June 2021):
- Located within the state of WA, with an active ABN
- Have an annual turnover of $75,000 or more and be registered for GST
- Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $4 million in the last financial year (2019-20)
- Provide evidence that your business fits into one of the below industry categories:
|Hospitality (including pub, restaurant, cafe, catering services, clubs, bars)|
|Retail (including bakeries, florist, hairdressing, beauty services, food retailing)|
|Tourism (including accommodation, scenic and site-seeing transport)|
|Sport and Recreation (including amusement parks, health and fitness centres, gym, other outdoor recreation)|
|Creative and Performing Arts (artists, musicians, performers, performing arts operations and venues)|
|Other (cinemas, food wholesalers, equipment rental) Perth, Peel and Rottnest only|
5. Supply evidence of financial loss as a direct result of the lockdown period. Examples of evidence includes:
- Loss of perishable goods
- Cancelled bookings
- Minimum 30% reduction in turnover
Applications must be received by 11.59pm on Tuesday 31st August 2021 to qualify. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.